Craps smarts and strategy will handle the big topic of the player’s bet and his bankroll, it may even also cover some superstition and provide some essential tips for playing the game.
Smarts and strategy in craps is an absolutely important topic that people would need to go through before they attempt to play the game.
If you are not familiar with the rules of craps, then you might need to learn it or refresh your memory because that is also a very important topic if you want to play in any casino.
Your bets and the effect it has on your bankroll:
The basic rule here would be to keep your pass line bet at a minimum and take odds. What is more important is that a player would like to maximize his or her odds while maintaining a level of risk that is acceptable. Please keep in mind that all player differ and the acceptable amount of risk will not be the same for each and everyone of them.
If a casino offers double odds, it would be best to decide how much you want to wager. Divide your wager by three and put that much on the wager itself. After you have backed up your bet with double odds, place your full wager. This will break down the house’s edge.
Always be aware of the amount of money you have on the table. Bets run rampant and the game is very unpredictable.
Unless the player knows what is going on and understands the whole game then it would be wise to use only three bets and see how it plays out.
Craps usually has one strange event that takes place: the more a player keeps playing, the more the player is in danger of making a bad call. It might not seem like a big problem but if you have a lot of money on the table, then it becomes a problem.
If you are unsure of how the dice might land, you might need to learn the basics of craps.
Be vary wary of systems because they can actually cause you more losses than wins. One fact is true for the game and that is when a negative expectation is there, you cannot change it into a positive expectation. When someone offers you a betting system, always be careful of it. You might see pretty unbelievable results but if you lose just about once after a winning streak, you might lose lot more than what you have gained.
Some betting systems will slow down your play but it may help while a badly designed betting system may cause you more money than a few wins on the table.
Now superstitions are some veteran players’ beliefs on what might happen on the table and it may even be true. The terms you will hear the most are “hot” and “cold” tables. Some players will chart the tables and look for good shooters. While these do seem to be different methods of analyzing a game, there is one fact. Players cannot influence the randomness of the dice.
Some favorite superstitions include:
- If the dice i thrown off the table or hit a player’s hand,a 7 will emerge in the next round.
- A woman shooting for the first time will have a great roll and win a lot of money for the table. A man shooting for the first time will achieve the opposite.
- A player should not mention the word “seven” during a come out roll. It is believed that the dice will hear you.
There is a downside to craps but it’s all mentally. Don’t pass bettors are usually looked o with disdain. Shooters will take offense if you bet against them and finally, players will sometimes believe you are betting with the house. The best approach would be to feel comfortable with your status as a craps player.
Essential tips for craps smarts:
- Gt comfortable with the types of bets before you play.
- Stick with the pass line and a come bet or two at the start.
- The house edge is good for pass and don’t pass bets. You can even lower the advantage by taking odds.
- Make sure you take your payouts because the payouts on winning bets will be considered to be active if they are not removed from the betting layout.
- Take advantage of any free gaming classes at casinos to get comfortable with the workings of the game.
- Do not take any betting advice at face value.
- Ignore the proposition bets that dealers are always going for. They are not worth the loss.
- Do not on any betting system.
- Bet a wager that you are comfortable with but with the most of it on the odds.
- If you are a beginner, avoid the don’t pass and don’t come bets as they are usually seen as confrontational.
- There are no professional players in this game.
- The game is extremely volatile and you should always watch your bankroll.