Why the rules of craps?
Some may wonder what the rules of craps are but do not worry. Here we will have a look at some of the rules of craps that may help you to improve your skills in this game.
Playing the game:
The basic rules of craps craps include the following:
- If a come-out roll is a 7 or 11, the pass line wins and the don’t pass loses. The round is over.
- If a come-out roll is 2,3 or 12, the pass line will lose and the don’t pass line wins or ties. The don’t pass bet is a tie when the come-out roll is 12. The don’t pass line will “bar the roll that will be treated as a tie. The round will end.
- If the come-out roll is 4, 5, 6, 8, 6, or 10, it means that the number will become the shooter’s point. The dealers will then take a “buck” that says OFF on its back side and ON on its side on the top side, on top of the number on the layout. This serves to remind all players what the point is. The outcome of the pass and don’t pass line bets are still pending. The shooter will keep on rolling until one of the following happens: he makes the point (rolls the number) or he sevens out (rolls a seven). If he makes the point first, the pass line betters will win and the don’t pass betters will lose. If he sevens out, the opposite will happen. In any event, the round will be over.
A new round will always begin with the same shooter until he sevens out. If a shooter rolled a “natural” or “craps” on the come-out roll or if the shooter made the point, he will get to roll again.
It is only when the shooter sevens out, that the next player will be offered the dice but only in a clockwise order. After the player is offered the dice, he or she will be allowed to roll. It is only after the process that a new round will begin.
Here is a little bit of additional information to spare you some confusion:
- 7 is a winner on the come-out roll for pass line betters and a loser for the betters on any subsequent roll. The opposite is true for those who bet on the don’t pass line.
- The numbers 2, 3, 11, and 12 have no meaning for pass and don’t pass betters after the come-out roll.