Betting in roulette is very different from other casino games but if you understand the betting in roulette, it would improve your odds immensely.
The betting in roulette.
The betting procedure of roulette is quite straightforward, but always make sure your chips are positioned precisely. The worst that can happen during a game, would be that a player can miss a payout because of an errant chip.The odds are stated as A to B, which means that you will win amount A for amount B.
The outside bets.
These bets are placed “outside” of the 38 numbers on the layout and it refers to a group of numbers or colors. All outside bets will lose if the ball drops into the 0 or 00 pocket.
- Red or black: A bet that is place that the winning number would be the color you bet on. Pays evenly (1:1 ratio).
- Odd or even: A bet that the winning number will be either odd or even. Pays even (1:1 ratio).
- Low or high: A bet that the number will be either low (1-18) or high (19-36). Pays even money (1:1 ratio).
- Columns: A bet on any one of the columns containing 12 numbers. Pays out on a ratio of 2:1.
- Dozen: A bet that is place on the first dozen (1-12), second dozen (13-24) or the third dozen (25-36). Pays on a ration of 2:1.
The inside bets.
The inside bets are made on specific numbers or combinations of numbers within the layout or on its border.
- Straight-up bet: A bet on a single number. You need to place your chip squarely in the center the number you want to bet it. It is the biggest gamble on the table but the payout is 35:1.
- Split bet: A bet on any two adjoining numbers. You need to place your chip on the line separating the two numbers you want to bet on. If any of the two numbers show up, the bet pays out on a ratio of 17:1.
- Street bet: A single bet that covers three numbers in a row. You would need to place your chip on the outside line of the row you want to bet on. If any of these numbers show up, the payout is 11:1.
- Corner bet: It is a single bet on four adjoining numbers that form a square. Place your chip on the spot where the four numbers meet. If any of the four number appear, the payout will be 8:1.
- Five-number bet: There is only one five-number bet in roulette. It only covers, 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. The chip would have to be placed at the corner of 0, 1 and the first dozen. The payout is 6:1 but this is one of the worst bets you could make in roulette.
- Six-number bet: The bet covers two adjacent rows of numbers. You need to place your bet on the outside lines at the point where two rows join. The payout is 5:1